Do you want to make a difference today?
What are Vacancies?
Vacancies in the Student Government Association occur when a position within a Branch or Division need to be filled. Vacancies can happen for a variety of reasons, but it is a great way for motivated students to join the SGA as opposed to running in the general election in April.
Potential candidates must stop by the Student Government Association Office to sign out an application packet. Application packets must be complete in full and returned to the Student Government Association Office by the date listed on the cover sheet. Potential candidates must also meet or exceed the requirements outlined to the right.
For questions regarding the application packet, please stop by the SGA Office and speak to a Student Assistant. Otherwise, contact the Executive Board member responsible for Branch or Division related to the vacancy.
These are general requirements for any SGA elected/appointed position. Branch and Division positions have additional requirements:
- Candidates must have attended Embry-Riddle’s Daytona Beach Campus as a full-time for at least 1 (one) semester
- Candidates must have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA (other positions may have higher GPA requirements)
- Candidates must be active full time or part time students (6 and 3 credit minimums for Undergraduate and Graduate students) for the entire academic year (both Fall and Spring semesters)
- Candidates must not be on Academic or Judiciary Probation
- If elected, the candidate must be able to perform the duties outlined by the vacancy until the end of the Academic Year
- If elected, the candidate can be removed from office at the digression of the SGA President or applicable Branch/Division head
|No. of Positions||Position||Branch/Division||Packet Due By:|